Friday, August 26, 2011

why the phrase "i just bought my eyes" is not weird for me

so it's that time of year again.  now you might ask, what time is that?  it's blizzcon costume time!  which means lots of geeking out for me, but also lots of costume tips and updates for you.  so far i have my wig, which i got on sale for $5, and my ears which cost about $15 after shipping.  and yes, i did buy them this year and not make them.  part of that was because i had time to buy them this year.  also i spent about the same amount making them last year, so i figured i would save myself the hassle.   and today i bought my eyes.  well, sort of.  i bought white out contacts.  i'm a little worried because they are shipping from out of the country, but i got them at a good enough price where i won't be totally fucked over if i need to buy different ones.  i also picked out what kind of body paint i'm going to use.  thanks again to costume capers for being awesome.  i went in today to buy a $2 wig cap, and the lady gave me a whole demo on body paint types and applications even though she knew i wasn't buying it today.  so now i have something to look forward to next month.

now imagine me with purple skin and white eyes aww yeah

oh and i sorta have my dress picked out.  there are a few wedding dresses that i'm watching on ebay that would be pretty perfect for what i need.  basically i wouldn't have to do a lot of altering, just some embellishing.  part of me kinda feels bad, because i'm pretty sure i'm bidding against women who actually want to get married in these dresses and not turn them into a convention costume.  and then the other part of me is like fuck it, i want to win the damn costume contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment