Tuesday, April 5, 2011

round two: fight!

or in my case, get knocked out.  so i'm sick again.  with strep throat.  again.  and it sucks.  again.  i finished taking the penicillin from the last bout about four days ago.  i was feeling great over the weekend.  yesterday my throat was a little sore, and taking the otc meds didn't help.  i work up this morning with my throat feeling even worse than it had yesterday and with my lymph glands swollen.  hmmm, starting to sound familiar?  so back to the doctor i went.  they ran a strep test again and a mono test as well just to make sure.  good news is that i don't have mono.  bad news is that i have strep again.  supposedly, strep has no resistance to penicillin, and according to the doctor i was probably re-exposed to it some how.  but just to be on the safe side, they put me on a different antibiotic.  so now i'm on augmentin, which is amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium.  according to the doctor this is the "big guns" as far as prescriptions go and should knock out anything i have going on.  let's just hope he's right.  while all this time of work is good for my loremaster achievement in WoW, it's not so great for my paychecks.  and if it was a re-exposure, will whoever keeps getting me sick please stop it? k thnx bye

No comments:

Post a Comment