Wednesday, May 9, 2012

treasure chest


so that's my new stage name.  yep, a stage name.  i joined a burlesque troupe, and well the name kinda picked me.  partly due to me being half pirate* and well, other aspects.  other DDD aspects.  but i'm crazy excited about this.  if you couldn't figure it out, my character is mostly based on a pirate.  and since they make pasties in the shape of skulls and cross bones that have glitter on them, i couldn't be happier.  i'm currently working out my routine, one of which involves rum and throwing knives along with a brave audience member, set (hopefully) to the theme song from pirates of the caribbean.  the other depends on if i win these amazing feather fans on ebay.  if i do, i get to fan dance.  if i don't, i need a new idea.  but i have a new excuse to buy shoes and make costumes.  and i get to live out my alter ego as a pirate pin up.  we already have people interested in seeing us preform.  if things go well, we may be doing a show as soon as next month.  the thing that drew me to burlesque is that you don't have to be classically pretty to do well in it.  it's way more open to quirks and alternative appearance.  and it's also way more entertaining than being just a stripper.  and the boy is even ok with me doing it, which makes it all that much better.  just no one tell my mom!  now if you'll excuse me, i have some corset shopping to do.

*according to shannon, i'm half pirate.  and since she is irish, she has determined that if we are ever alone on a deserted island, we will find a way to make rum

No comments:

Post a Comment