Sunday, March 13, 2011

fun with colors


so i've recently started working with color editing some of my pictures.  it's tedious, time consuming, and amazingly awesome.  my favorite things to do would be a color splash or an aged effect (like the picture above).  and just a simple change to black and white can dramatically change the mood of the picture.    so i figured i would share some of the pictures i did tonight, since all my creativeness went towards that instead of coming up with a witty blog post.  i will try to be my usual smart ass self next time.  until then, enjoy the pretty pictures.  oh, and a special thanks to jason for keeping my company while i took the pictures and for putting up with the random way my mind works while i'm feeling artsy. 














color splash can be tedious enough to drive you crazy.  this one took about  thirty minutes.  but overall, it usually ends up being worth it

2 comments:

  1. You mind enlightening me on what "color splashing is?" What medium you use.. or program and what not? I'm simply curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "color splash" is when you turn the picture black and white and select only certain areas to be colored. like in the bottom right picture, i turned the building black and white and kept the neon tubes colored. i do it all on the computer, and there are several programs that can do this. if you're really old school and use film and hand develop the pictures, there is a way to do this in the developing processes as well, but i'm not exactly sure how since i just use digital.

    ReplyDelete