Friday, September 30, 2011

continuing with the awesome theme

 

due to some scheduling/timing errors last weekend, i ended up going to see the california celts on saturday instead of friday.  this meant i had to go alone since no one else was free saturday afternoon.  but this almost worked out better since i could bring my camera and stay for the whole time without having to worry about someone else either not liking the music (doubtful since they're awesome) or getting bored watching me take like five hundred pictures (totally possible). picture wise this worked out way better as well since i had natural light the whole time (it was an outdoor show).  the show was a lot of fun, the music was great, and because i'm me i ended up with a lot of pictures.  after it was over and i was getting ready to leave, chris stopped me because he had noticed me taking pictures and asked me to send them a copy.  i was more than happy to oblige, so after i had everything upload i linked the album to their facebook page.  and this is where it gets awesome.  they have about twelve hundred followers on facebook, so that is a lot of potential exposure for me.  chris (singer/drummer/random other instrument player) and patti (the harpist) are now fans of my photography page.  patti shared my album on her own profile.  they used (and credited) some of my pics to announce some up coming shows.  and chris has one of my pictures as his profile picture on facebook.  so i'm pretty stoked about all that.  it's always a good thing when someone appreciates your art, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy and such.  click here to see the rest..



No comments:

Post a Comment