Thursday, September 8, 2011

ren faire cherry

so my boyfriend has never been to a ren faire.  i plan on changing that very, very soon.  and the best part is, he's actually looking forward to it.  and he's totally fine if i go in costume as long as he doesn't have to dress up.  i don't really have time to change his mind in time for this upcoming faire, but there's always next year.  because manly men wear tights.  at least he's willing going with me.  it's always more fun if the other person actually wants to be there.  i've been giving him a few warnings as what to expect, because some of the stuff can catch you off guard if you aren't used to it.  especially since i'll be dressed up.  that's more or less like giving the actors there a free pass.  which i'm totally fine with, because i used to be one of them and all.  and i do sorta bring it upon my self what with the wearing of the horns and a dagger in my cleavage.  but for the unsuspecting people who happen to be accompanying me, well they don't always know how to react if the guy at the spear throwing game "kidnaps" me and won't let me go unless they play.  it's always fun to watch them try to figure out how to get me back without actually paying the guy to play the game.  oh and the puritans usually have a few things to say about me wearing horns (as do several drunk old guys).  

which reminds me, that is another really good reason to have a guy with you.  seriously, drunk old guys can be creepers, no matter if you at faire or at a bar.  one time melanie and i were all dressed up at faire, resting on a hay bale in the shade, minding our own business, when some creeper calling himself "robin hood" comes over and tries to hit on us.  we were like nineteen or twenty at the time, and this guy was well past forty.  he stumbles up next to me, and gives me some line about how i have the most beautiful eyes he's ever seen and how they pierce through his soul or some bullshit like that.  i refuse to make eye contact with him and tell him that i have a boyfriend.  so he then turns to melanie and give her they very same line, like exactly the same, word for word.  she tells him the same thing, even though i think she was single at the time (fake boyfriends ftw).  he then offers to buy beer for us, and we told him no and more or less ran away at that point.  i'm pretty sure this was the only time that my cleavage worked against me.  damn creepers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment