Wednesday, December 22, 2010

ahhh....the holidays

so it's only three more days until christmas.  i got all my shopping done over the weekend.  i still need to wrap everything, and i need to do that like now since i'm driving up to my parents' house tomorrow and i should probably have their gifts wrapped before they see them.  i'm also trying to get everything packed tonight (which never happens).  i already filled up my gas tank today.  i need to remember to bring the fail ninja with me to work in the morning because she's going to be boarding there while i'm gone.  the plan is to leave as soon as i get off work tomorrow because i have a five hour drive assuming it isn't raining.  if it starts to rain again, it will take about seven hours because of traffic.  at least my car just got a tune up so it shouldn't die on me on the drive up.

once i get there i'm not really going to have much downtime.  thursday night i'm going to see the christmas lights with my mom.  friday i'm hoping to go on a trail ride as long as it's not raining, and i get to meet ava, my friend's new doberman puppy.  saturday of course is christmas so we'll be doing our thing at home in the morning then driving two hours to get to my uncle's house.  there's a good chance i will have to be driving the second car, which means i won't be able to really have any drinks with dinner.  bummer because i have a feeling i'm going to need a few this year.  then back to my parents' place.  and then i get to drive back home on sunday.  after i get the cat from work, i need to try to go out and see the pony if it a) isn't too late in the day and b) not raining too hard.  and then i plan on collapsing until i need to get up for work at 7:00 a.m. monday morning.  

is it all going to be worth it?  maybe.  at least i get to see my dog and some of my family that i haven't seen for a while.  hopefully the family drama stays in check and we have a smooth dinner with everyone being there.  and i already know that i'm getting a new camera, dance shoes, and a new halter for the pony.

i don't expect to be able to get on line much while i'm away.  partly because i don't think i'll have a lot of time for it, and partly because my dad's computer is so slow compared to mine that it's just not worth it to me.  so since i probably won't be posting until next week:

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment