Tuesday, December 21, 2010

a first for everything

today at work we had a client come in who had concerns about giving medications to  her dog.  this particular dog is ...... difficult ....... to give pills to. (and that's putting it very nicely.  you really don't want to know the choice words we use to describe this dog.)  so the owner comes in to buy a pilling gun.  i go into like a five minute little spiel about how to use the pilling gun properly and some other suggestions, tips and tricks to try to make it easier to medicate their dog.  after all this, the owner takes the pilling gun from me, looks me dead in the eye and asks "does that thing go all the way through your ear?"  she was referring to my industrial piercing.  this was the first time i have ever had anyone be distracted by any of my body art.  without so much as pausing i look straight back at her and say "yes it does."  her response?  "oh."  followed by a short pause and "do you have piercings anywhere else?"  i then showed her my right ear.  "so no really weird ones like your tongue or anything?"  my answer: "not yet."  i wonder how much of my pilling speech she remembers.  i guess i'll know if i see her back tomorrow.  maybe i should show her my tattoo then.

No comments:

Post a Comment