Monday, February 7, 2011

so i'm old now

as many of you know, i turned twenty five last friday.  as expected, much drinking was involved.  but i did other stuff too!  i took the day off and gave myself a long weekend.  my intention was to sleep in that day.  but the fail ninja had other plans.  apparently she still wants to be fed at 7:30 regardless of what day it is.  also, like four people texted me before 8:00 am, so going back to sleep didn't really work out too well.  good thing i'm an insomniac and used to functioning on very little sleep because i had stay up past 2:00 am the night before gaming.  yeah, i know.  i'm a huge nerd, what else is new.  and once i was awake, i spent more time gaming while i was waiting for dani to be out of class.  hell, if i want to spent my day geeking out, i'm allowed to.  but i did do other stuff.  once dani was out of class, she took me out to lunch.  firestone cheeseburger ftw!  after that, we walked around downtown just because.  then we went to the barn and rode the ponies for a while.  first time i have been able to ride my horse in two weeks because of my piercings.  went home after that and did some laundry because the top i wanted to wear that night was dirty.  gamed some more.  so overall, pretty good day.

and then we get to the night.  started out at black sheep.  used my charm and knowledge of the bartender's dog to get myself a discount on my drinks.  met up with some of the girls from work.  i let the bartender choose my first drink.  i bought a white russian as my second one.  alyssa bought me a dirty girl scout.  hung out there until alex was off work and could meet up with us.  moved on the marsten's or whatever it's called now.  alex bought me a screwdriver.  the plan was to dance but it ended up being a little too crowded for that.  witnessed some cougar totally picking up some college kid.  i was only feeling barley tipsy at this point.  we decided to change bars again and headed over to mc carthy's.  alex buys me another white russian, and the vodka finally starts to kick in.  the girl alex takes my phone and runs into a corner and calls matt to harass him about not coming out with us (she does not remember doing this).  we hang around until last call, and then alex and i go to jack in the box.  it's crazy crowded with drunk people, and i keep getting checked out by a guy in a kilt who has a girlfriend.  alex drives me home and hangs out for a while.  we goof around and try to recreate an album cover, and i end up with some pictures that i might be able to use as blackmail for free drinks later on.  so overall, pretty good night as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment