Friday, November 18, 2011

how you know you got a good one

so i know i said to expect a few rants, but i'm actually in a decent mood tonight and it's really hard to rant when you're not angry.  first off, i've lost fifteen pounds, my face/neck area looks thinner, my pants are now too big on me, and i can tighten my belt up to the next notch.  i'm still a long way from my goal, but i'm making progress and not gaining it back.  so i'm pretty happy.  that also got me thinking about something my guy had said to me when i first started trying to lose wight.  

as a bit of a back story for those of you who don't know, my ex at one point actually stopped having sex with me because he thought i was too fat.  and he decided to tell me this one night when he was drunk and having sex with me.  came out as something along the lines of "i didn't think i would be doing this again with you until you lost weight."  yeah, you can tell he was a real winner there.  so this brings us to the difference between him and my current guy, and why my current guy is just freakin' awesome.  we were walking on the beach a few months back and i mentioned that i wanted to start trying to lose wight again.  his response was "why?  you look cute just the way your are."  honestly i don't think i've ever had any one say something about my weight that made me feel as good about myself as that did.  so yay to me for actually sticking with it and getting healthier.  and yay to my guy for being amazing.  i don't think he realized how much that little phrase meant to me. 

p.s.  the sex with the current one is great!  and we do it a lot.  so a big yay for that as well

No comments:

Post a Comment