Saturday, January 22, 2011

so maybe i am a little masochistic

everyone thinks i'm crazy.  they all said it was going to hurt, and couldn't believe that i actually wanted to do it.  to most people, including myself, it all came as a total surprise that last night even happened at all.  i had been toying with the idea for a few months now, going back and forth between a firm conviction to go though with it and a firm conviction to entirely avoid the whole situation.  i always thought it looked awesome, but just couldn't decided if the pain would be worth it.  last night that all changed.

for the past two weeks, i have been stressed out and depressed.  nothing i would do would shake those feelings.  i needed to find something to make me happy, and i needed to do it soon.  at work a tangent of a thought popped into my head while i played with my industrial.  at first i thought it was just a fleeting fantasy, as that happens often when i think about body modifications.  usually i get an idea, think over it for a few moments, and it slips quietly away.  but not this one.  as the day went one, it went from a whisper of a thought to a screaming, yelling idea that i couldn't ignore any longer.  and once something gets that firmly set in my brain, i'm going to make it happen, and usually that same day.  by the time i got off work, i was so elated about the idea that i could not even remember why i ever had any doubts about it before.

after a shower and some unwinding, i picked up a friend from work.  she agreed to go with me for moral support, to take pictures, and because of curiosity: she had never seen a piercing done before.  we drove over to pismo because i had wanted joe to be the one to do it.  upon arrival, michelle informed us that joe had just left for the night.  she offered me a $10 off coupon if i wanted to come back tomorrow.  but i knew i couldn't wait until then or i would loose my nerve.  i asked if the shops in slo still had their piercers there, and she told me to go see ed, he'd be there for another hour.  she would still give me the $10 to make up for the inconvenience, and even called ahead to let them know i was on the way.  so back into the car, and back to slo.  

we get to the shop and ed is waiting for me.  i fill out the release for for the fourth time in the last ten months.  i've really been on a kick with this stuff lately.  he sets up the room while i'm checking off boxes that state no, i am not under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and no, i do not have any bleeding conditions.  and then it's finally time.

he explains the whole process to me and goes over things like placement and angle.  it's not awkward at all to be standing in front of a total stranger topless because he's very professional and very chill about the whole thing.  after the marks are drawn and i'm happy with the placement, i settle myself onto the piercing chair and try not to think about it too much.  he puts a clamp on and tells me to do the breathing exercise.  one: breathe in.  two: hold it.  three: breathe out.  on three i close my eyes and squeeze down on my friend's hand while she takes pictures of the needle going through my left nipple.  he replaces the needle with the barbell and asks me how i'm doing.  so far, so good.  it hurt far less than i was expecting it to.  he asks if i need a break before round two and i say no.  i just want it done with.  repeat steps one, two and three on the right nipple.  and it's over.  i didn't cry, cuss, puke, or even move.  ed says that he wishes ass his clients were as easy to pierce as i was. 

so i am now the proud owner of a pair of pierced nipples.  they look bad ass, and the small amount of pain was entirely worth how ecstatic it made me feel.  early happy birthday to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment