Saturday, January 1, 2011

the hangover

the fail ninja wakes me up at 8:30 this morning because she wants to be fed.  at this point i have a pounding headache and am still a little drunk.  after feeding the cat, i stumble back to bed and sleep for another six hours.  this time i am sober upon awakening, but still have an amazing headache.  next some food, water, large amounts of tylenol, and a phone call lying to my parents that no, i am not hung over.  about an hour later i am doing ok.  now to rewind to last night.

we started off at a bar-b-que.  had some of the most amazing chicken that i've ever eaten.  moved on to black sheep after dinner.  drink one: dirty girl scout.  lots of laughing and silly pictures on the back patio.  gabi buys me drink two: screw driver.  some random lady sees me takes a picture with my cell phone and is amazed by that.  half our group leaves around 10:00 because they need to drive home the next day.  gabi and i stay out on the patio for a while.  she's already falling asleep, but i tell her she needs to stay up until at least midnight.  it's a deal.  by this time the line to the girls room has spilled out onto the patio, and they run out of toilet paper.  bad timing i guess.  drink three: cranberry vodka. the patio is super crowded by this point.  having to elbow my way back to the table without spilling my drink.  success when i get back to gabi.  then the phone call to matt, which he probably liked more than we did.  drink four: bartender's choice.  lots of people around wearing silly wigs.  it's almost midnight now.  no count down happens, just a lot of cheering for the last thirty seconds of the year, followed by one really loud shout.  people start to disperse shortly after.

a text from alex prompts us to stumble over to mc carthy's.  alex is on the outside patio.  i walk over to talk to him, and the bouncer starts to give us shit.  i ignore him and just talk to alex over the fence.  gabi tells the bouncer that while she loves the irish, she won't pay to get into his bar.  he keeps giving us shit so we leave.  alex says he'll meet us later.

on the way back to black sheep we are distracted by marston's.  we don't want to drink here, but they have a dance floor.  we dance together since we're both girls, and that makes it hot.  i leave gabi to use the bathroom at one point.  the girl behind me line starts to hit on me.  she introduces herself and tells me she loves how the color of my sweatshirt looks on me.  i tell her my name and that it was a christmas gift.  she tells me something else about how it looks good on me, and then it's my turn for the restroom.  she is gone by the time i'm done.  when i get back to gabi, a dunk guy is trying to chat her up.  i can tell by her body language that she's wanting none of it.  i go up and start to dance with her again.  i whisper does she want this guy talking to her.  she says no.  i give him a look that pretty much says back off my girl or else.  it works.  a text from alex is asking us where the hell we are.  we forgot that we told him we were going back to black sheep.  we leave to meet him there.

back at black sheep, we can't find alex.  drink five: different bartender's choice.  some guy spills part of a drink on me, then hugs me to apologize.  we head out into the little alleyway and sit on the barricade chairs meant to keep people off the patio.  it's almost last call.  the spilled drink guy comes up and asks if we're ok since we're sitting alone.  we say we are waiting for a friend and he leaves.  alex finally shows up.  gabi tries to convince us to show off some dance moves.  alex gives me drink six: white russian.  he leaves to go find his ride.  we leave since the bar is closing.

i get a text from alex asking if he can crash on my couch since he can't find his ride.  i tell him where he can find us.  sitting outside in the cold air waiting for him feels nice.  he makes it over, but has found his ride at this point.  four of us are now trying to change gabi's phone back to the english settings, but no one can remember spanish in our current state of mind.  we all start to walk toward my place.  i'm walking with my arms around alex so i don't fall over.  he doesn't mind because i'm keeping his back warm.  his friend is leaning on me and telling us how she made her tutu.  we flag down a guy who has a bike with a cart attached to it and pay him to take me and alex's friend home.  alex and gabi wait for their rides to pick them up.  the other girl is trying really hard to flirt with the guy on the bike.  after he drops her off, he asks me if she's cool.  i tell him i don't know, and he says he regrets giving her his number.  we're now in front of my apartment complex.  i get off and walk to my unit since i don't want him to know which one it is.

i get my door open and it's close to 3:00 a.m. by this point.  i take out only one pair of earrings and leave the rest of the jewelry on.  i brush my teeth since they feel a little gross by this point.  i almost forget to take my contacts out.  i take off my pants and pass out with the fail ninja sleeping on top of me.  hello, 2011.  it's nice to meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment