Sunday, October 2, 2011

gifts from strangers

last night we were at the bar.  this lady who was probably in her forties was sitting next to me.  my guy had left to use the restroom, and her guy had gone outside for a smoke, so she leans over and starts chatting me up.  now i don't mind, drunk people are usually funny to talk to.  so she's just making general small talk, asking what i want to do with my life, such like that.  seems like a nice enough lady.  after a few minutes both of our guys come back and we go about our separate ways.  but about an hour and several drinks later, she ends up next to me again.  she takes my wrist, and tells me "i have something for you" and puts this bracelet on my arm.  apparently her friend and/or sister owns a thrift shop and gave this to her.  she then says "i want you to have this.  and good luck in everything you do in life."  i don't really wear bracelets, but i know better than to argue with drunk people.  so thank you drunk amy, for the well wishes and making my night a little more interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment