Wednesday, October 12, 2011

the toilet ate my phone!

i was talking with someone on WoW tonight about how lost i feel if i don't have my cell phone.  as much as i hate to admit it, i really am sorta dependent on it.  mostly because i don't have a land line and it's the only way people can reach me if there is an emergency.  but anyway, we got to talking about how long we've gone without a cell phone since having one.  i was out of a phone for about two days.  because mine got eaten.  by a toilet.

via
about two or so years ago i was working at a little tourist shop the next town over.  i had to take a bathroom break, and the store i worked at didn't have it's own bathroom.  i had to lock up the shop and use the bathroom in the restaurant next store.  so i do my thing, and when im done i get up, put the pants back on, and turn around the flush.  i should probably mention that i was wearing a zip up hoodie that had a broken zipper, so it kinda just hangs there.  and i happened to have my cell phone in the pocket of the hoodie.  and apparently that pocket was way more shallow than i thought it was.  as i turn around, it kinda made the pocket swing around.  right as i pushed the handle to flush, my phone goes flying out of my pocket and lands in the bowel.  and then it was gone.  i swear the flush power on the toilet must be the same that is in an airplane toilet, because it seemed like it was jet powered.  that or there is a toilet monset that really needed to make a phone call so it stole my phone.  either way, my phone was long gone before i even had a chance to think "wtf?"  so this lead to me being phoneless for the next two days.  luckily i was up for a free upgrade, so i was able to get a new phone really fast.  but honestly, those two days just plain sucked.  stupid jet powered toilet monster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment