Tuesday, November 23, 2010

the fail nija fails again

so i took my cat to work yesterday to get her vaccinated.  no big deal, she had the same shots before without issue.  took her home when i got off, and all was well and dandy until i took my lunch break today.  now if you have ever walked in my door with me, you know that when my cat sees me she runs to the door and rolls over on her back.  today, she just sat hunched over in the middle of the floor.  i figured she was still just sulking since she really hates going to the office with me, so i thought nothing of it and went into the kitchen to make lunch.  i have to pass her food dish on the way, and i noticed that she still had about 1/3 of her breakfast in her dish.  this actually really alarmed me because my cat will literally inhale any type of food you put in front of her.  i got her to come over to her dish, and she turned her nose at it.  tried to give her a treat, and she wanted nothing to do with it.  she then made her way to the bedroom and hid under my bed, which is something she never does unless she is trying to hide a toy down there.  i was able to pull her out and look her over, and she was acting extremely uncomfortable.  so now i'm really freaking out, because even with my employee discount, it could cost some big bucks to get her better.

i kept debating with myself if i should bring her back to work with me or just wait and see how she was when i got home.  i realized that i would just worry myself about her all afternoon if i didn't get her checked out, so a quick heads up call to the office and we were on our way.  once there, we took her temp and it was 104 (a high normal is 102).  so now i'm really worried, and doc is out to lunch.  i just did a lot of busy work until he got back and was able to check her out.  luckily, he didn't think it was anything serious.  he didn't find anything weird on her physical exam, and didn't feel that blood work was needed at that time.  he's figuring she was having a delayed reaction to the vaccines.  not the bad allergic reaction, but just being very, very sore and achy which was probably what was caused her not to eat.  so one shot of kitty pain killer later, and she is now back to her normal self.  wolfed down her dinner when we got home, has been climbing everything, and is now curled up sleeping comfortably on my bed.  as long as she's acting normally tomorrow, everything should be ok.  that is until she decides to eat something weird :- /

No comments:

Post a Comment